Tuesday 11 November 2014

Lest we forget...

Today all over the world people stopped and observed a two minute silence in memory of those who lost their lives in the conflicts of the past 100 years. Remembering those who gave their lives so that we may enjoy the freedoms we have today is always something that has been of great importance to me. For the past couple of years now I have been making my own Poppy Hair Flowers and raising money for Poppy Scotland. This year I was also asked by HumAnima CIC to make some of my poppies in purple to commemorate the animal lives lost in military service since World War 1, with money from the sale being donated to Animal Aid.
 

My poppies sell at £8.00 each, with £1 from each sale going to the respective charities. I am happy to say that this year so far we have raised £20.00 for Poppy Scotland and £3.00 for Animal Aid from the sale of the poppies. Thank you to everyone who made a purchase this year!

No comments:

Pages