Monday 10 November 2014

DC Presents... Suicide Squad!

Everyone who knows me knows that I am a complete geek, yep! Well imagine how excited I was to find out that DC are making a Suicide Squad movie! And of course that means my favourite bad girl will be hitting the big screen. Well today came the announcement I'd been waiting for... the casting of Harley Quinn! Margot Robbie (not the most well known actress prior to Wolf on Wall Street but I remember her as Donna in Neighbors and I thought she was brilliant in Pan Am with Christina Ricci) will be stepping into the harlequin jumpsuit and rampaging around the streets of Gotham City (perhaps even with her Puddin' Mister J too if rumours are to be believed).  She's maybe not everyone's choice for Harley but  she's just been endorsed by Harley herself with this tweet from Tara Strong...

I think she certainly has the look and I'm very excited to see the movie in 2016!





I've always taken inspiration from Harley Quinn, I love the classic combination of black and red, its quote a feature in my own wardrobe. This year I created my Harley Quinn inspired hair flowers from MCM Comic Con Scotland and they flew off the stand... I've got a handful left and if you fancy grabbing one then you just need to head over to my Etsy store!

Harley Quinn Inspired Hair Flower, RRP £8.00


On the subject of Harley Quinn and DC Women in general I'm loving the recent DC Bombshells Range. I've just finished creating an amazing fascinator for a customer in the States inspired by the DC Bombshells Catwoman image (another of my favourite Supervillans!!). I love working on Superhero/Supervillan piece so if you have a fascinator/hat in mind and want it brought to life why not drop me a line at LisaJ@offwithherheadmillinery.co.uk and please, please leave you comments here, tell me which Superheros/Supervillans you love to see me immortalise in millinery?



No comments:

Pages