Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Ooops... seems I've been a little absent from this blog for a few months too. One of my New Years Resolutions is to make sure I'm posting a lot more regularly on this and my personal blog!

So its time to ring in the new and I'd like to wish all my customers and friends a very Happy 2012! I hope she brings you a year of happiness and beauty!



There has been so much going on with Off With Her Head in the last few months, so much to tell you all, and so many hopes for the next 12 months too... so I'll start with a little look at a couple of the custom pieces I had the pleasure to create last year!


 I love the challenge that comes from creating custom pieces, from being asked to work outside my comfort zone. Well last year I had two very challenging pieces to work on. The first for Laura, who came to me with the idea to recreate the look of Sharpe (played by Sean Bean in the TV adaptation of the novels by Bernard Cornwell) for an event she was attending. The costume was being made by Marie from Forever in Black Designs, but Laura a previous customer of mine, knew to come to me for the hat. She wanted a miniature Shako Hat in the style worn by Sean, so after much research I set to work to create this piece! It was not a style I'd tackled before and I was very pleased with the result!!




The second piece was for the Pin-up for Heroes Calendar 2012. I was heavily involved in last years calendar and this year the organisers came to me looking for a very special piece. I was told that one of the shoots was to recreate this piece of artwork by Gil Elvgren and that they needed the hat! 


What a challenge that proved to be. With a deadline of little over 2 weeks to complete and ship the piece I set to work. The first version proved disastrous as I have miscalculated one of my measurements, but after some careful planning and mathematics I was able to finish the project on time... and look at the resulting image from Egner Photography... stunning! The calendar is available to purchase at  Pin-up For Heroes
and as always proceeds from the sales go to the Help for Heroes Charity!





No comments:

Pages