Friday 28 December 2012

Oh no no no...

As some of you may already know I'm a little bit of an Ice Hockey fan, so I was extremely happy when I was approached by the team I support, the Fife Flyers, and asked to help create a piece for their new mascot. I had been sworn to secrecy about the identity of this mascot until recently when he made his first appearance. So now I can let you all in on the big secret.... "He's Geordie Munro, his home is in Fife!!"

Photo Courtesy of Iain McKay

The concept was to create an oversized Glengarry Hat in the Fife Flyers colours (royal blue and yellow gold) to sit on top of Mr Munro's head! The first problem I had was that the head wasn't available for me to take measurements from, so I had to make my best guess on the size. I looked at the average men's size and scaled it up and created a paper pattern based on pictures I'd researched on-line  The piecing together and sewing of the hat was relatively straight forward. I finished the piece with matching grosgrain ribbon and yellow gold pompoms.




I'm very pleased with the end result and proud to continue to help support my local team! The Fife Flyers play at the Fife Ice Arena in Kirkcaldy, Fife. For more information about the team, including match schedules  for the current 2012/2013 Season check out their website at: 

No comments:

Pages